Sales & Marketing: New Media
DigitalMarketing & Social Media Manager - Sonoma Raceway (Sonoma, CA)
DIGITAL MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Sonoma Raceway is looking for a Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager who will support the integration of communication plans into the overall marketing plan. This position assists in the planning, promotion & successful execution of Sonoma Raceway events, including but not limited to the NASCAR, NHRA, and INDYCAR series. You will be responsible for maintaining the voice & tone, communication, editorial calendar, and positive growth of all social platforms, corporate website and mobile app. This work will include but not be limited to creating dialogue around our three key events and the creation of graphics, photos, videos and other updates to enhance user experience and overall fan engagement.
The position will be expected to plan, organize and execute all digital content as a coordinated
effort across multiple platforms including our website, social channels, email marketing and
online advertising. This role must also take the lead in creating original content for the website,
social media and mobile app.
The ideal candidate will need to:
• Think beyond the daily 9-5 and work to create programs that leverage track assets with
sponsor assets in creating a first-class editorial calendar using media and content which
sets the tone for the raceway and sets it apart from competing venues.
• Accomplish goals utilizing established and emerging viral marketing platforms such as email
campaigns, mobile marketing and various social networking outlets to achieve
quick, direct and far-reaching exposure for Sonoma Raceway.
• Work closely with all departments and entities to help produce world class events and
ensure all aspects of the fan experience uphold raceway standards.
This position requires that the person interact with the Sales, Public Relations, Operations and
Ticketing departments on a regular basis, in addition to working with outside agencies, and will
be responsible for implementation of pre-event, at-event, and post-event digital marketing
programs including but not limited to social, website, email and advertising. Candidates must be
able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately on a daily basis. This
position will report to the Director of Marketing.
• 3-5 years brand marketing experience required
• Online community management experience
• Specific experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
• Strong background in creative writing and the understanding of proper voice & tone
• Video production a plus
Formal education in marketing and advertising, or equivalent combination of education and work
• Strong sense of professionalism and judgment in response to issues in the public social
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task on different projects with different requirements
• Ability to set clear goals and quantitatively measure them
• Knowledge of general business, marketing and advertising principles/practices
• Expert in social media, and today’s trending topics in motorsports
• Strong understanding and focus on customer service and being a “people person”
• Creative, fun and enthusiastic attitude
• Possess good communication skills; both verbal and written, as well as the ability to
make effective presentations before groups
• Strong time management skills and the experience of being an independent self-starter.
Candidate must be able to create their own calendar and meet deadlines without
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, IOS, Windows and necessary software needed to
fulfill job duties
This is a full-time benefitted position that includes:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, and other insurance benefits
• 401(k) plan
• Vacation and various paid holidays
• Cell phone
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in the Future - SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS, INC. (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions with SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS, INC. in the future, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications.
Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.