Events Department Intern - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Loudon, NH)
Supervisor: Jessica Ferreira; Director of Events; NHMS
Duration: June 2014 - August 2014; adjustable based upon course scheduling.
Hours: Flexible; based upon course scheduling.
- Research new event ideas, vendors, and entertainment.
- Assist in the execution of all events, including employee, corporate, LRRS, and NASCAR race weekends.
- Assist in sending invitations, reservations and in the execution of the end of year awards dinner for LRRS.
- Assist with distribution of Crew Meal Cards for entire NHMS staff.
- Work with Events Specialist on execution of FanFest events.
- Act as on site contact for pre race and entertainment.
- Assist in on-site hospitality for LRRS, Track Rental.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Provide exceptional customer and fan service.
- Attend and assist with Rope drops for Camper Welcomes
- Other duties as assigned
Must be receiving course credit, this is an unpaid internship
Must be available to work weekends
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
Must have sufficient experience with Microsoft Office
*additional hours on event weekends will be required, schedule is flexible.
Facility Cleaner - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Loudon, NH)
Cleaners are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the building in which they work by performing various cleaning duties. Duties and hours may vary dependent upon the size of the building and the number of teammates they may be working with. A cleaner may be responsible for any or all of the following tasks. Tasks may also change throughout a cleaner’s employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: This is not an all inclusive list. Additional duties may be assigned.
Restrooms - Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc. Replenishes bathroom supplies. Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
Floors - Sweeps, mops, vacuums floors. Other floor work may be required such as: scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors.
Break rooms /Kitchenettes - Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, tables, chairs, refrigerators, etc. Replenishes break room supplies.
Dust - Dusts furniture, equipment, partitions, etc.
Trash - Empty wastebaskets and recyclables and transports to disposal area.
Other Duties - Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaner. Wash walls and woodwork. Wash windows, door panels, partitions, sills, etc.
Reports to work each day and on time, and works extra hours when needed.
Employee must comply with proper safety policies and procedures as required (i.e. when using
cleaning chemicals, reporting incidents, etc).
Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
The employee must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work
Valid driver’s license is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Walk and stand
Reach and grasp
Push and pull objects
Repetitive bending and lifting of items
Repetitive arm movements
Must have a cheerful disposition and willing to work under dirty conditions
Must possess a “Can Do Attitude”
Graphics Intern (UNPAID) - New Hampshire Motor Speedway - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Loudon, NH)
- Create and edit graphics for dynamic data elements, including Cap and Pylon video scoreboards
- Operate Scoreboard ClickEffects Blaze & Crossfire during event weekends
- Follow creative direction from clients and sales staff of the New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Have basic knowledge of NASCAR and racing in general
- Assist in creation of FunGuide (entertainment guide for fans)
- Assist in creation of other promotional pieces (advertisements, email blasts, etc.)
- Assist in creation of graphics database accessible to employees of NHMS
- Work with production team to ensure seamless operation of pylon and cap
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be receiving course credit, this is an unpaid internship
- Must be available to work weekends
- Must have sufficient experience with Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Some basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro video editing software would be desired, but is not a requirement
*These hours and days can be flexible, additional hours on event weekends are required.
Maintenance Worker - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Loudon, NH)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
Perform track configurations changeovers
Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures to help maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
Clean buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
Maintain assigned vehicles, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in skilled trades, power and hand tools, etc.; adhering to safety practices
Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans
Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to repetitive physical demands such as standing for long periods of time, walking climbing and/or balancing, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must also be able to frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Verbal communications are also an essential function of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Must be able to work in a Team environment, possess a valid driver’s license, be able to work flexible hours and possess a “Can Do Attitude”.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in the Future - Speedway Motorsports, Inc. (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions with Speedway Motor Sports, Inc. in the future, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.