Current available jobs in Communications/Community Relations:
Communications/Community Relations: Writer/Editorial
Communication Specialist - Charlotte Motor Speedway (Concord, NC)
Charlotte Motor Speedway is seeking a writer/publicist to support marketing and publicity efforts for its aggressive schedule of events which includes three NASCAR Sprint Cup race weekends, two NHRA race weekends, three national car shows, World of Outlaws race events and other secondary events throughout the year. Annual compensation = $35,000 to $42,000 plus bonus and CMS benefits package.
The ideal candidate will possess experience writing with search engine optimization for digital applications (website, e-marketing, social media); excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work independently and in a team environment; and a minimum of three-to-five years of professional experience as a writer in the field of motorsports.
Microsoft Office computer skills, the ability to work nights and weekends, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism or a related field are also required. The ideal candidate will also have an expert knowledge of AP Style and the abilities to write effectively and efficiently on deadline, interview newsmakers and proofread or copy edit written materials.
Charlotte Motor Speedway is searching for an efficient, productive and proactive self-starter who is passionate about his or her duties and willing to put forth the extra effort to achieve excellence.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Writing press releases to maximize search engine optimization; media advisories; calendar listings; souvenir event programs; ticket brochures; fan guides; quarterly magazines; media guides, web pages and advertising/promotional copy.
· Supervising the publication of (2) NASCAR souvenir event programs, (2) ticket/event brochures and (2) Charlotte Motor Speedway NASCAR media guides.
· Proofreading and copy editing written content for internal and external communication and publicity purposes.
· Writing race results press releases on deadline.
· Updating CMS driver record books and race event record books.
· Staffing media centers during NASCAR, NHRA and World of Outlaws events.
· Acting as lead publicist for the Bojangles’ Summer Shootout Series, GoodGuys Southeastern Nationals and other secondary events as assigned.
· Producing media coverage snapshot reports on events and publicity efforts.
· Maintaining and updating media contact distribution lists and photo archives.
· Assigning and supervising department interns with writing assignments
All candidates must submit the following to be considered for the position:
Submit requirements to:
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Human Resources Department
Attn: Communications Department Opening
PO Box 600
Concord, NC 28026
NO PHONE CALLS
Charlotte Motor Speedway is a subsidiary of Speedway Motorsports, Inc. Speedway Motorsports is a leading marketer and promoter of motorsports entertainment in the United States. The Company owns and operates the following premiere speedways: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Sonoma Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway. The Company provides souvenir-merchandising services through its SMI Properties subsidiary, and manufactures and distributes smaller-scale, modified racing cars through its U.S. Legend Cars International subsidiary. The Company also owns Performance Racing Network (PRN), which broadcasts syndicated motorsports programming and live race broadcasts to hundreds of radio stations nationwide. For more information, visit the Company's website at www.gospeedway.com. Charlotte Motor Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ