Communications/Community Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Communications Intern (Spring) - New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Loudon, NH)
New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the largest sports and entertainment facility in New England, is seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated intern to join our communications department. The primary responsibility of this position will focus on gaining hands-on experience in the motorsports industry through various communications projects.
• Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of press conferences and media events
• Assist in the organization of the media center and press box before and after events
• Assist with the development, editing, and proofing of press releases, media guides, souvenir programs, fan guides, and brochures.
• Assist with special projects and promotions developed by the department
• Helping to maintain current media contact list.
• Assist with updating and posting to the speedway website and social media accounts.
Skills and Attributes:
• Video editing experience, preferably in Final Cut, a plus.
• Ability to contribute creative ideas and concepts.
• Strong writing skills are essential.
• Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced live environment while keeping a positive attitude.
• Ability to remain extremely flexible in an ever changing environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible and non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
Experience and Education:
• College Level Student – B.A., B.S. or majoring in mass communications, journalism, communications, marketing, graphic arts, public relations or related field.
This is a credit-based program and an unpaid internship.